CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes
unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and
freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your
online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is
that it’s fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains
NO Spyware or Adware!
Features of CCleaner 2.0:
* Complete rebuild in C++
With the requirements for a portable version, 64-bit compatibility and
Windows Vista increasing against the limitations of the old
architecture. We decided to rebuild the entire CCleaner application in
highly optimized C++.
* Faster analyzing and cleaning
Each scanning process was rewritten from scratch and fully optimized.
The result being a noticeable speed increase in all areas.
CCleaner can now run from a USB thumbdrive and be installed/run on a
computer without a complicated setup process.
The rewrite removed all external file dependencies, so the main EXE is
now half the size of the original program and support files.
* Redesigned User Interface
The original CCleaner user interface was looking a little dated, so the
GUI was redesigned with a modern look, but without sacrificing speed or
usability. New icons were created for the interface and the main program
icon was updated with a more modern style.
It is now possible to specify files, folders and registry keys to ignore
from the cleaning process.
* Loads of little tweaks
Too numerous to mention them all separately, we’ve tried to improve
CCleaner in all areas.
Changes in CCleaner v2.06:
– Added Google Firefox Toolbar history cleaning.
– Winapp.ini is now embedded in the main EXE.
– Added ability to override default embedded INI files with:
winsys1.ini, winreg1.ini and winapp1.ini.
– Updated ability to append to default embedded INI files with:
winsys2.ini, winreg2.ini and winapp2.ini.
– Updated system info code to support Win2k8.
– Improved IE History cleaning with .DAT files.
– Improved accessibility features of treeview control.
– Removal of version history from About screen.
– Options section checkboxes resized to fit caption text.
– GUI tweaks including Piriform logo change.
– Minor performance improvements.
standard : 2.59 MB
Slim and Portable : 1.22 MB